Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Revisting the Revisited

Sooo my scattered flowers Indian Summer Revisited dress (that I posted about last week) has been converted into an adorable top and possible dress for us petite girls!! I also used another fabric from my college days to make another garment today. I'm almost out of my senior collection left overs yes! I can't wait to move on...they've been great to get samples done with though and I am still in love with many of the prints but it feels good to clean out my closet and start fresh with some new purchases...

I also was attempting to make a silk chiffon scarf which didn't work out so well. I am overly picky with finishes and the rolled hem was just not doing it for me.

Tonight, I will start sewing on the buttons that will go up the front for a faux button up-look that will finish this piece off - and then to Etsy it goes!

I love the deep pockets, that aren't so visible in this photo, on the sides of the hips. It's a really easy summer piece that fits an XS to Medium.





This one of my favorite dresses to wear and also to make! Very simple, A-line dress that transitions right into fall with brown tights and a pair of knee high boots! There are also little pockets built into the side seam of the dress. I'm getting into pockets, can you tell?

I have an obsession with belts. I bought this one from BCBG a few weeks ago but sadly can't find a thing to wear with it...except for this dress!! I have no more fabric left though so I guess I'll have to keep thinking about other ways to wear it with my current wardrobe. This will be for sale tomorrow :)

Here are a couple more pics. I'm really into long gold necklaces right now which is a great compliment to the dress if you choose not to do a belt... which i tell all of my clients to add to almost every outfit I style but don't have any at my store to show them to purchase so I need to stop doing that...

Here is the natural flare of the skirt without a belt along with the side seam pockets that are made with matching solid lining used to compliment the pattern in the dress.












I just got pink, turquoise, and white satin in too so I will be drifting away from my prints for a little bit - i think...

No comments:

Post a Comment