Thursday, June 9, 2011
Refusing to let Chiffon get the best of Me!
Almost 1pm and I've just finished a new top and took pics! woo woo! Except last night I drew 9 new pieces I want to make today - this top was not one of them - so I've got ALOT more work to do.
However, I did not use a pattern for this piece, which is kind of crazy...and i was actually intending to make a skirt but I didn't do my math right (surprise surprise) when i cut the fabric. I basically took a piece of floral chiffon, a piece of iridescent chiffon, and then a vintage piece of golden power mesh, stitched the 3 together at the top and started pleating!
I'm getting close to mastering the rolled hem too :) big things - chiffon is a PAIN to sew with and I just keep buying it up! I love prints and chiffon always looks so pretty.
So here it is...on to PLANNED ITEMS now - but i guess we'll see ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment