So ever since I started taking 5-hour energy mid-afternoons (and of course a triple latte in the morning) I have been sleeping terribly! It's even worse if I have something on my mind - last night i was excited about the fabric store. Mind you, that Vogue fabrics doesn't open until 12 in the afternoon...
I went to bed at midnight by the way, i don't know if anyone else is watching "workaholics" on comedy central but it's amazing! and got up at 4am! I laid there for an hour and half and then decided to just get up, make an espresso, and sketch. After an hour nap I awoke and headed out!
After 3 hours of clapping and making dance moves up and down the aisles of Vogue, I managed to collect quite a collection of new fabrics! My goal was to find oranges, yellows, turquoises, and maroons...so I'm glad I kept rehearsing those ideas in my head all night...
Here are my new fabrics (extremely nautical) and soon to be an array of maxi dresses, light sweaters and fitted skirts!!
*This is a Stretch Cotton Poplin aka my new favorite fabric. Plan - Convertible circle skirt with pockets and a jersey waistband (will also have the option to wear as a dress). It's a very lightweight fabric with an airy watercolor print.
*This Pink woven is SO soft! I have no plans yet really (maybe a longer button down sweater or a cropped jacket) but it had such a nice hand and color that i couldn't resist!
*So this is difficult to really see but it's almost an animalistic sort of washed print with light metallic hues. It's a power mesh that is extremely sheer and will be a maxi with a lining.
*Metallic Lavender rayon jersey knit. So pretty! I have a loose 3/4 sleeve top in mind here.
*Metallic Lavender rayon jersey knit. So pretty! I have a loose 3/4 sleeve top in mind here.
*More metallics! I don't know how i got so into this...Navy on the left with flecks of gold and on the right Cream with gold yarns woven in...the Navy will be a skirt while the Cream will probably be more of an accent on the garment.
And this is in progress! A taupe and white stripe knit! It's a dress and possibly a top...i think...Will be posting a couple finished pieces tomorrow to Etsy after work :) Also, a new yellow slub knit top and lace skirt to be seen then, too!
And yes, I'm done with that energy junk...
No comments:
Post a Comment